MBA Student Accepts Position with KPMG
Congratulations to MBA student, Laurie Morgan, who recently accepted a position as an Audit Associate with KPMG in Jackson, Miss. A native of Shaw, Miss., Morgan earned her bachelor's degree in Accounting at MSU before entering the MBA program. She is set to receive her master's degree in August 2014 and will begin her professional career with KPMG shortly after graduation.
Fall 2013 Dividends Magazine Now Available for Online Viewing
Dividends, the publication for College of Business, is created annually to keep you informed about upcoming events in the college as well as celebrate the accomplishments of our students and alumni, faculty and friends. The Fall 2013 Dividends magazine is now available for online viewing. Check out the latest edition of Dividends by visiting the link below!
College of Business Graduate Recently Elected President of NASCIO
Dr. Craig Orgeron, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services and 1989 Mississippi State College of Business graduate, was recently elected by the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) to serve as president for the 2013-14 program years. He has served on the association's executive committee since 2011 and in a national capacity as vice-president and treasurer. Orgeron began his career as a communications-computer systems officer un the United States Air Force, and now has more than than 24 years of information technology experience in the private sector and the federal and state level of the public sector. The Clarion Ledger recently spoke with Orgeron regarding Mississippi's E-Government program, which has helped save nearly $1 million each year in infrastructure, payment processing and website maintenance since its founding in 2011.
Crossler Receives International Award for Information Technology Research
Dr. Robert E. Crossler, assistant professor of Information Systems in the College of Business, was recently named a winner of the 2013 Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS) Information Systems Society (ISS) Design Science Award within the research stream category, along with co-author and Virginia Tech professor Dr. France Bélanger. The INFORMS ISS Design Science Award is an international competition dedicated to promote and recognize the discovery and design of innovative information technology artifacts by university researchers and educators. Crossler and Bélanger received the award for their research together, which targeted the improvement of information privacy practices for individuals in an ever-changing technological environment.
Welcome Back, College of Business Students!
The College of Business extends our best wishes to all of our students as we begin the Spring 2014 semester! Be sure to check our website regularly, as well as social media to stay informed with important updates and College of Business news! Got questions? Email us at business.msstate.edu. We look forward to hearing from you!
College of Business Names 2013 Alumnus of the Year
Laurence "Larry" Favreau has been chosen as the 2013 Alumnus of the Year for the College of Business. Favreau, Executive Vice President and CEO of Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, is an accounting graduate of MSU and currently serves on the Executive Advisory Board for the College of Business. He will be recognized at the Alumni Association Awards Banquet on February 7.
News in the College of Business
- 4-25-14 - I3 Day more >
- 4-24-14 - Accounting Advisory Board Meeting
- 4-11-14 - Marketing Advisory Board Meeting
- 4-11-14 - Super Bulldog Weekend - April 11-13, 2014
- 3-28-14 - Executive Advisory Board Meeting
- 3-27-14 - Leo W. Seal, Jr. Distinguished Speaker Series- Barefoot Wine Founders more >
- 3-25-14 - 27th Annual MSU Insurance Day - March 25-26, 2014 more >
- 3-19-14 - Career Chats and "Mocktails" - March 19-20, 2014 more >
- 3-5-14 - Leo W. Seal, Jr. Distinguished Speaker Series - George Bryan more >
- 2-21-14 - FREE - 2014 Bloomberg Aptitude Testing (BAT) in McCool Hall 1:00-3:00 pm more >
- 2-17-14 - MSU Entrepreneur Student and Google Beta Product Tester Featured on WCBI News more >
- 2-15-14 - College of Business Academic Insight Event more >
- 2-14-14 - 2014 Mid-South Accounting Doctoral Research Consortium - 9:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. more >
- 2-7-14 - Visit from Larry Favreau, 2014 College of Business Alumnus of the Year more >
- 2-5-14 - Career Days - Engineering and Technical Career Fair - Feb. 5 more >
- 2-4-14 - Career Days - Business and Non-Technical Career Fair - Feb. 4 more >
- 2-3-14 - Dr. Tom Miller Shares His Expert Opinion for Investing Wisely on WalletHub.com more >
- 2-3-14 - MBA Employer Panel (all Business undergrads and graduate students welcome) more >
- 1-28-14 - Dr. Mike Highfield Weighs in on the Importance of the Mortgage Preapproval Process When House Hunting more >
- 1-21-14 - Last Day to Register or Add a Course (6th Class Day)
- 1-20-14 - Holiday - Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday Observed
- 1-17-14 - Last Day to Drop a Course Without a Grade (5th Class Day)
- 1-16-14 - Crossler Earns International Honor Through Information Technology Research more >
- 1-13-14 - First Day of Classes- Spring 2014 Semester
- 1-8-14 - Dr. Kathleen Thomas Examines the Constitution of Arts-Rich Schools more >
- 12-13-13 - Graduation Reception
- 12-5-13 - Annual Christmas Luncheon more >
- 11-16-13 - College of Business Tailgate - MSU vs. Alabama more >
- 11-15-13 - BIS 50th Anniversary more >
- 11-15-13 - College of Business Alumni Fellow more >
- 11-13-13 - Jeff Adkerson Gives Insight into Becoming a Successful PGA Professional on PGAmagazine.com more >
- 11-12-13 - Dr. Jacqueline Garner Weighs in on Recent Twitter IPO on WalletHub.com more >
- 10-11-13 - Jack R. Lee Chair of Financial Institutions and Consumer Finance speaker series more >